How To Apply
Priority will be given to applications with a current academic affiliation. This means one of the following:
- Current University student
- University faculty member, lecturer or professor
- Research fellow or Research assistant
On some of our programmes we are able to accept recent university graduates who have graduated within the last five years.
There are no specific academic backgrounds required to apply for our programmes. Applicants must, however, be able to demonstrate their innate curiosity and outline what they expect to bring to both the Delegation and the programme.
The delegation size for each programme will vary, however most of our programmes are heavily oversubscribed. As such, we employ a two/three-step application procedure to aide us in the application process.
- A 250-word statement of interest: This should detail your interests and why you are in applying for the selected programme. We recommend summarising your previous education, work and extra-curricular experiences that might be relevant. The most important aspect of this step, however, is to illustrate your genuine curiosity in the programme's subject area.
- Interview: After receiving your application, we may invite you for a short informal interview conducted via telephone of Skype to discuss your application further.
- (Optional) Additional documentation or longer interview: Depending on the outcome of the short interview we may request additional supporting materials such as a CV/Résumé or arrange for a longer interview with other Delegations For Dialogue Staff
Delegations For Dialogue operates a small budget to provide financial assistance for a limited number of delegates on each programmes. Our budget is strictly reserved for students who need financial help to meet extra costs that cannot be met from any other sources of support. Please read our Fees and Funding page to ensure you qualify for our assistance before you apply. Applicants for financial assistance must send a 500 word statement detailing their financial situation along with proof of current funding for their studies to firstname.lastname@example.org. Failure to send these documents will prevent us from considering your application.